University of Warsaw
Total number of students : 48500
The University of Warsaw is the largest university in Poland and the best research centre in the country. Its academic community comprises 7 200 employees, more than 44 400 undergraduate and graduate students, 3 200 doctoral students and 3 000 postgraduate students. The overall number of students and doctoral students at the university includes 4 400 international students, most of whom come from Ukraine, Belarus, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, China and Turkey. Besides 21 faculties, UW has also 30 academic and research centres. A wide range of studies in humanities, social, exact as well as natural sciences, including 25 English-language programmes, is provided by UW. Students can choose from 2 000 foreign-language courses within the Polish language programmes. The high quality of teaching is reflected in the results of various rankings. According to these, the University of Warsaw is among the top 3% of universities in the world. The authors of Quacquarelli Symonds World University Ranking, Eduniversal Best Masters and MBA, or US News and World Report select the 200 best programmes from thousands of programmes in the world. Over 20 programmes offered by UW are listed there.
The university life concentrates in three campuses: Central, Ochota and Służewiec located in different districts of Warsaw.
- University of Warsaw is among the top of the worlds best universities.
- This is the best university in Poland and one of the leading ones in this region of Europe.
- University of Warsaw holds very good positions in comparative evaluations of the quality of education, in particular study programmes.
- 17 programmes provided by UW have been listed in QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018.
- 15 programmes offered by UW have been listed in Eduniversal Best Masters and MBA Ranking 2017.
- Results demonstrate that having a diploma from the University of Warsaw is a definite asset in the job market, 94 percent of respondents have found employment after graduation.
- University of Warsaw is one of the leaders of the European Commission ranking issued as part its assessment of student exchange at over 3,000 institutions of higher education in the entire Europe.
- state-of-the-art laboratories
- student dormitories
- 30 academic and research centres
- the rooftop garden
- career services office
- copy machines
- free Wi-Fi access
InformationWarsaw, Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
Documents are not available
On the market since 2009
In your country & in Poland
Assistance after arrival