Study in Europe, Work in Europe, Study in Poland, Work in Poland, Study English in Europe, Work in Poland, Student visa, student visa to europe, student visa to Poland
Agents Zone Main page

Work permit


Student's talk:
Shamshi Kaldayajov (Kazahstan)
I am a programming graduate. I was looking for a job in an English speaking environment in Poland but didn't know if I could find any, now when I am no longer a student. It turned out it was not that difficult. All my employer had to do was to apply for a work permit for me. Now I can stay, work and live in Wroclaw!

If you are studying in Poland and you have a Stay Card (Karta pobytu), you can legally work in the country and you do not have to have a work permit. If you are in doubt, please log in and contact one of our staff members.

Stay Card (Karta pobytu)

We will be happy to help you to arrange or prolong your Stay Card, if you already have it. In order to do that – please log in. Once you begin your studies in Poland, you gain the right to stay in the country for the maximum period of three months. EU citizens must apply for their Stay Card at the local Voiviodeship office dealing with the queries from their region (which means the town you live in Poland). If you are unsure which Voivodeship your city belongs to, please visit our city section.

It is recommended that you apply for a Stay Card soon after your come to Poland, and no later than 3 months from the date of your arrival. We can help you out with the paperwork – please log in to find out more. Polish Stay cards are usually issued for a period of two years with the possibility of cyclic renewal. The total period of residence in Poland on the basis of Stay Card cannot be longer than ten years.

Foreigners who are not from the EU member states can also apply for a Stay Card. They also need to have a Polish visa in order to enter the country. Citizens of the following countries do not need to have a Polish visa on arrival because of the international contract between Poland and their home countries: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Salvador, San Marino, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Seychelles, Singapore, USA, Uruguay, Vatican, Venezuela, Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China: Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, British Nationals (Overseas).

If your country is not mentioned in the above list, you need to apply for a visa before you plan your trip to Poland. We can help you with your visa application. In order to find out more, please log in. You must have a visa in order to apply for a Stay Card.

The documents needed for a Stay Card applications are as follows:

  • 4 copies of the filled in application form (1 original and 3 copies)
  • 5 current colour photographs (dimensions: 4,3 cm x 3,5 cm, left facial profile)
  • A photocopy of your traveling document (like passport) and the original for review
  • A proof of the registry of your residence address at a local government office
  • A proof of payment of the processing fee

If you are applying for the Stay Card based on the fact of the commencement or continuation of your studies, you need to submit in addition:

  • Your legal right to live in your current address and the documents confirming the renting cost (i.e. your lease contract)
  • A document confirming you have sufficient funds to pay the rent and to return to your home country after graduation
  • Health insurance or a confirmation that the cost of your treatment in Poland will be covered by your insurer
  • Confirmation from your school that you have been admitted for a course or that you are entitled to continue your studies. A proof of payment of all tuition fees is also required

If you are participating in the EU training and work placements in Poland, in addition, you need to present:

  • A document confirming your participation in a training program or work placement

If you are in Poland on a scientific research program, you need to submit:

  • A contract confirming your placement in a research program of a given institution in the territory of Poland, and written confirmation of that institution that they will cover the costs of your stay
All of the above regulations come from the Ministry Act of 13th June 2003 on Foreigners in Poland.

Once you have your Stay Card, you can legally work in Poland! Would you like to find out more? Please log in!


Once you have your Stay Card, you can legally work in Poland!

¿Quieres estudiar en Polonia u obtener más información? Crea la cuenta o ponte directmente en contacto con nosotros

Work and Study in Poland learn English and get your Student Visa to Poland in Europe.