Wrocław University of Science and Technology
Total number of students : 26442
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is the leading scientific and educational centre in Poland. Its position among technical universities in both Europe and the rest of the world is increasing every year. Development of the University is confirmed by research potential, didactics at the highest level, innovation and also cooperation with industry. The University educates specialists who are valued and sought after in the labour market.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is an inheritor of the tangible property of the German University Königliche Technische Hochschule Breslau, and also the intellectual and scientific heritage of Lviv Polytechnic. The University, as Wroclaw University of Technology, has been operating since 1945. Its creators and organizers were scientists from Lviv and Warsaw. From the very beginning it was an important centre of technical education. Today it is one of the biggest and best technical universities in the country with 28 815 students being educated by 2163 academic teachers in 16 faculties: Architecture; Civil Engineering; Chemistry; Electronics; Electrical Engineering; Geoengineering, Mining and Geology; Environmental Engineering; Computer Science and Management; Mechanical and Power Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Fundamental Problems of Technology; Microsystem Electronics and Photonics; Pure and Applied Mathematics; Technology and Computer Science; Technology and Engineering; Technology and Natural Sciences.
The rating of the University is confirmed by the results that the University achieves in annual rankings, such as the "Perspektywy", in which it continues to occupy the top position.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is a technical university and a research institution. The aim of educating students is to not only provide them with reliable knowledge, but also with creative and critical thinking. The University primarily carries out its mission through the highest standards in scientific research, internationalization and also through the high quality of education which is adapted to labour market requirements. Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, as an academic community, is open and comprehensive, it cherishes university values and traditions and cooperates with other universities and external partners.
Opportunities and potential
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology stands out with its educational offer that allows students to study according to standard programmes, as well as according to their individual educational paths. Moreover, the University maintains contacts with many educational and research institutions in the world and also follows the double diploma procedure. It currently has a cooperation agreement with 205 partners from 49 countries. Students and researchers of Wroclaw University of Science and Technology have an opportunity in both education and participation in joint projects such as: Erasmus+, Student Exchange Programmes, the Double Degree Master Programme T.I.M.E., the Polish and American Fulbright Commission and also DAAD.
Many organizations and student associations operate within the University and among them there are 154 scientific student groups, 19 student organizations and 14 cultural agendas. This is where students have the opportunity to develop their scientific and creative passions. The profile of this activity is very diverse and depends only on the imagination of students. The University also has a non-commercial radio (Academic Radio LUZ).
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology pursues a strategy that aims to adapt the activity of the University to the needs of the economy. It successfully implements ideas of transferring knowledge to industry, creating innovations and also cooperating with business, local government and scientific-research centres. It promotes activities focused on fostering entrepreneurship and aids students and graduates when searching for a job. Each year the University receives a number of original technical solutions, patents, inventions and technologies that are applicable to industry. In the last ten years the University has obtained 1283 patents. There are 887 didactic laboratories, 175 research laboratories and 13 accredited laboratories operating within the University. The world-class level of research conducted by university staff and the well-equipped laboratories result in cooperation with many domestic and foreign companies. Students have the opportunity to participate in internships and carry out their diplomas in the branches of renowned companies around the world, e.g. Nokia, COMARCH, KGHM, NETIA, Volvo, Ryanair.
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is one of the most dynamically developing technical universities in the country. The most important recent investments of WUST include: University Archives, Bibliotech - a building that operates on the basis of modern IT infrastructure and is the seat of the Centre of Knowledge and Science and Technology Information and also the location of one of the most powerful computers in the world "BEM" (148th in the ranking of the TOP500, June 2016); Geocentrum - an educational and research complex; and also Technopolis - two modern buildings of the Center of IT and Communication Technologies and the Centre of Education and Technology that act as educational, scientific and laboratory centres. The Student Cultural Zone, in which are located, among others, a multi-storey car park, cafeteria and conference rooms, was founded as an answer to student needs. The cable car across the Odra River, named by students as "Polinka", is a unique communication solution in Poland. This cable car connects the main campus of Wroclaw University of Science and Technology with the Geocentrum campus, which is located on the opposite side of the Odra River.
The campus of the University was placed among the 15 most beautiful in the world according to a statement published by the prestigious online journal "The Huffington Post" and the American record company Disney (Pixar). Numerous buildings in a modernist style, located mainly by Odra River bank, were especially admired.
- we are the regions unquestionable leader and one of the best and most innovative technical universities in Poland (in the Perspectives 2016 ranking, we occupied the 5th place among the countrys all tertiary institutes and ranked 2nd among technical universities),
- according to research, our graduates are considered by employers to be some of the most attractive assets, having no difficulty in finding jobs at prestigious companies,
- people who graduated from courses at our University can expect high salaries. As for people with no professional experience, the median is 3,150 PLN gross, while those who have a professional record can expect 6,146 PLN gross,
- we are located in Wrocław - the rapidly developing capital of Lower Silesia, also referred to as the Polish Silicon Valley. At the same time, it is a city boasting a rich cultural offering and many attractions for young people,
- the campus of Wrocław University of Science and Technology is continually developing and expanding to ensure to our students best possible conditions for learning and research, as well as access to state-of-the-art technologies,
- our University is a perfect place for one to acquire knowledge and widen their interests - there are almost 160 scientific clubs altogether operating at our faculties. Not all of them, however, are science-oriented, as you will also find here a radio station, newspaper and university television station.
- two modern educational, scientific, and laboratory buildings
- centre for research and technology transfer
- Student Culture Zone
- Library and library of eLearning courses
- Center for Cooperation between Science and Economy
- Polinka Cable Car
InformationWroclaw, Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27
Documents are not available
On the market since 2009
In your country & in Poland
Assistance after arrival